Monday, December 22, 2008

How did you die?

Did you tackle that trouble that came you way,
With a resolute heart and cheerful?
Or hide your face from the light of day,
With a craven soul and fearful?
A trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only how did you take it?

You are beaten to earth; well, well what's that?
Come up with a smiling face
Its nothing against you to fall down flat,
But to lie there; thats disgrace!
The harder you're thrown, why the higher you'll bounce,
Be proud of your blackened eye
It isn't the fact that you're licked that counts,
But how did you fight, and why?

And if you be done to the death, what then?
If you battled the best you could
You played your part in the world of men,
Why the critic would call it good
Death comes with a crawl, or comes with a pounce,
And whether He's slow or spry
It isn't the fact that you're dead that counts,
But only how did you die?
-Edmund Vance Cooke


You may say this is a non-christian poem, and a carnal outlook
on life.... but its an awesome inspiration to me.... to try my bestest
in every situation, every day.  And i know there's a blessing in 
fighting  for what i believe in......  How can i not fight for God,
after all he's given me? 
I fight for Truth! I fight to always be positive! I wanna go down kickin'!;-)

k, so those were my tho'ts of the day!:) Hope all my sweetest friends are
doin' splendidly! Always~Me




4 comments:

Norm and Barb said...

Girl,I LOVE that!!! That whole poem is a reflection of how I see life. (As you already know) Hurts come, falling happens...To look at the good side of things, instead of dwelling on the fact that we got knocked down, and it's painful. Life goes on, and I don't want it to go without me.

Anonymous said...

hey, i like that poem and i think it's true.... to often we just sit around pitying ourselves and that gets us no where. thanks for puttin that poem on.

Anonymous said...

Well gal it appears that wise thinking is taking root. Keep growing and keep the smile coming. ---E

Esther said...

ok... i know who you are!!!;) thanks for the encouraging comment!! and yes i AM smiling!!